The BPG Project Manager oversees a team of 4-10 CAD technicians that transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents. Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Having knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Associates Degree preferred, but not required.
· High School Diploma required.
· 4-7 years’ experience, preferably in the Telecommunication Construction Industry.
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Must be well versed in AutoCAD design software. *NO EXCEPTIONS*
· Knowledge of Micro Station, Small World and/ESRI GIS platform is a plus.
· Must be organized and be able to multi task.
· Must have excellent work habits and great attitude.
· Be a team player.
The duties of this position are listed below. These duties help define clearer expectations for this position.
· Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Calculate lay out right-of-ways and/or street dimensions and angles.
· Maintain job log in the BPG DB (Data Base), historical references and prepare clear, complete and accurate working plans, percentage of completion and detailed drawings.
· Work with CAD Manager to ensure staff utilization and production.
· Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of design products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status. Emphasis is placed on safety and quality in all design efforts above everything else. Special attention is paid to ensuring project procedures are followed.
· Supervise final drawing packets from team based on job specifications while ensuring uniformity of design standards within dimensions, scaling text and proper CAD operations.
· Contribute to timely completion of drawings and drawing update tasks on a daily basis, including CAD Production, CAD Operation and/or CAD QA/QC.
Role: Project Manager - Telecommunications Design
Apply for this job now.