As a Preschool Teacher/ Three year old Class Teacher at Primrose School of Kingwood located at 2311 Green Oak Drive Kingwood, TX 77339 you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning Primrose School of Kingwood is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age. Primary Responsibilities:
Desired skills and experience:
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Kingwood and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Kingwood Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred but NOT required
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4 year degree in early childhood or related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4 year degree in early childhood and certified to teach in the state in which the school operates required
Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers.
Each Primrose school location is a privately owned and operated franchise.
The following locations are happily owned and operated by John and Andrea Schoel: Primrose School at Fall Creek
, Primrose School of Kingwood, and Primrose School of Kingwood at Oakhurst.
All Staff working at these Primrose locations will enjoy the following benefits:
Competitive salaries based on experience
Discounted tuition for staff children
Full-time hours every week
Lower teacher to student ratios, must classes have three full-time teachers
Dynamic Leadership team that is supportive to staff
Positive, professional and mature co-workers
On-site continuing education and professional development
Opportunities for growth and advancement
Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance available after 90-day probationary period
Nine paid holidays per year after 90-day probationary period
Paid time off/ Vacation time begins accruing after one year of service
Anniversary bonus of $100/year per every year of service
Weekends off (except Spring Carnival)