Healthcare is an opportunity to utilize data assets including electronic medical records, population health databases and clinical care models to have immediate and wide impact on people s lives. The Data Engineer is responsible for developing products to serve the analytic needs of the health system through the application of tools such as visualizations, software development and statistical analyses driven by data resources.
This data engineer will operate in the role of the Data Modeler. Data ingested into the platform is purposefully done in a raw format that is usable only to a small number of data practitioners. Instead, value an enterprise data store provides is modeling to a more usable format. The responsibilities of this position are to:
- Perform source to target mapping to develop raw data into business ready data marts and models.
- Develop and maintain the common data model and pursue the creation of a longitudinal patient record.
- Evaluate requests for data model creation and changes for business and strategic reasons.
Primary skills for this position include those requisite for developing the backend databases and data structures required for the development of sustainable data products. Successful candidates would have a good understanding of Python, SQL and Spark or MapReduce. Knowledge of AWS architecture products will help. Knowledge of informatics, schema modeling or information architecture would be valuable.
- Ability to work with data science teams to assist in delivery of analytical outcomes and models.
- Ability to develop, maintain and test data systems and architectures especially with automation and appropriate quality assurance practices.
- Requirement gathering and understanding, Analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates
- Work closely with business users and the analytics team to design novel data models.
- Creativity to synthesize a data model that is common enough to meet many needs or specific enough to fill complex requirements.
- Support other members of the team with the ability to explain methodologies and assist in development.
- Be a strong learner with the understanding of continuous professional and technical improvement of skills and techniques.
Minimum: Bachelor s: Computer Science, business, statistics, information sciences, healthcare, design, engineering
Significant background with SQL and Python is required.
Clarity certification is required.
Background with ETL and database design is a plus.
Background of MapReduce or Spark is a plus.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 9th year in a row to Fortune s Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For list. We believe you ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- provided by Dice