Teaching Personnel is currently recruiting a male sports coach with experience working with ASD and complex learning difficulties.
This position will incorporate the following:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning
- A passion for Sport
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
- Plan and support a child with autism and help them reach their potential in a professional and caring manner
- Be reliable and punctual when working individually in the community or when part of a team and supporting colleagues to do their jobs
- Actively plan and join in play and youth activities including swimming, ball games, messy play and music
- Be prepared to communicate differently with a wide range of people
Applications are encouraged from:
- Behaviour Mentors
- Youth Workers
- Sports Coaches
- Therapists, Psychology Graduates
- Learning support assistants
Applicants will be working in a classroom supporting assistants and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils.
The role will operate between 8:30 - 15:30, Monday - Friday.
Full time is preferred but part time applicants may still apply.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process.