Job Title: Election Aide
Job Type: 5-6 weeks contract
Location: Santa Ana, CA
The Election Aide/Boards - Extra Help position provides assistance in reviewing and counting of ballots. Individuals in this position will serve on the two Boards briefly described below:
- Vote-by-Mail Board: Reviews mail ballots for an assortment of markings, damages and other issues.
- Canvass Board: Reviews the election results from 1% of all precincts as required by state election code. When serving on this Board, an individual will assume one of three positions: Announcer (verbally communicates votes from each contest); Tally Member (recording the votes communicated by the Announcer); and Observer (ensures the vote is called and recorded correctly).
- Must be a registered voter in the State of California (CA Elections Code §12302)
- Team player
- Sit for extended periods of time at one location in warehouse conditions
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a hard worker with a positive attitude
- Ability to stay focused in a busy, noisy environment
- Pays close attention to details
- Organized and able to manage their time under heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Able to commit to a full time schedule, including overtime in evenings and on weekends
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Role: Election Aide to start ASAP!
Location: Santa Ana,
Apply for this job now.