TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is seeking a Configuration Manager for TDI's contract with the Naval Yard to support software configuration management and quality control efforts in support of the DDG-51 In-Service Engineering Program.
The candidate will be expected to complete assigned tasking. The candidate will be expected to identify, manage, and maintain configuration deltas among all In-Service DDG-51 Class ships; coordinate and lead kickoff meetings and peer reviews; prepare technical documentation in support of software deliveries; and present deliverables during quality assurance audits. The candidate will be expected to provide documented status updates on a regular basis. The candidate will also be expected to work with the program manager to develop software delivery schedules and determine software requirements for ships. The candidate must be detail oriented, an effective communicator, and exemplify flexibility to meet mission requirements in a dynamic work environment.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a Configuration Manager
- Experience coordinating and leading meetings
- Experience communicating status, risks, problems, and formulating effective solutions
- Experience with requirements management
- Experience with configuring test events in accordance with requirements
Technical Skills Required:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficiency with software configuration management, specifically as it relates to libraries of multiple software baselines, version control, tracking unique updates to software builds, and conducting diffs of source code
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project)
- Proficiency with technical writing
- Attention to detail and meticulous logging of ship and software configurations
- Ability to prioritize tasking and manage time effectively
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines without incurring undue risk or degraded quality
- Familiarity with the Waterfall and Iterative Waterfall software development life cycles
- Familiarity with system schematics and the ability to understand system constraints and hardware configurations
- Reasonable problem solving ability
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain a secret clearance.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Advanced Skills Desired, but not necessarily required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access
- Proficiency with DOORS
- Experience with risk management
- Experience working in a software development environment that uses C++, C, Ada, and CMS
- Basic software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity and experience working at CMMI Level 3 or higher
- Familiarity with embedded control systems both centralized and decentralized
- Experience as a GSE or GSEC on a DDG class Navy ship
- Travel up to 10% may be required
TDI Technologies, Inc. (TDI) is a small business that has been grounded in ethical practices and superior performance for over 25 years. TDI provides unique high-quality solutions to our government and commercial clients with a focus on incorporating advanced technologies.
TDI conducts Research & Development and provides Engineering Services, Cyber Security, and Software Engineering/Development to a variety of Department of Defense (DOD) and commercial customers.
TDI's core advantages lie in our years of experience across a wide breadth of government and commercial applications, our access to the brightest engineers in the industry, and our clear focus on providing cost-effective solutions to our clients' problems with speed and agility.
Role: Configuration Manager
Apply for this job now.