IMPORTANT: Must have a valid, non-expired, Utah drivers license with a recent clean driving record. Must be able to pass a background check to receive certification.
Boss Hood Cleaning is seeking hard working, reliable individuals to join our team and start work immediately in a fast paced work environment. Experience not necessary, we are willing to train the right person on all aspects of pressure washing, degreasing, and other services we provide. What is needed is a desire to do physical, technical work - rewarded both financially and by performance based advancement opportunities.
Technicians are responsible for pressure washing and chemically degreasing kitchen exhaust systems in accordance with NFPA 96 standards and company policies. Senior Technician oversees job-site and cleaning procedures, thoroughly fills out completion and deficiency reports, tracks inventory, and reports to Operations Manager.
Senior Technician, Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaner - position is mostly NIGHT/GRAVEYARD work.
Starting: Part-Time at $13.00-$18.00/hr DOE (Raise after a 45-day probationary period and certification, raises thereafter based on performance and skill). Performance based advancement opportunities also available.
Duties & Responsibilities
Work begins nightly at location in Midvale, service trucks then leave to the job-site in 2-3 person crews. Service is conducted after business hours while customer facilities are closed. Technicians are responsible for chemically degreasing and pressure washing kitchen exhaust systems in accordance with NFPA 96 standards and company policies.
- Operate commercial pressure washing equipment
- Protect each customers equipment and roof from grease damage
- Cleaning of the hood, ducting, fans, and plenum to bare metal and fire safe standards
- Perform scheduled cleaning, oversee job-site to ensure that jobs are completed timely and efficiently
- Work overnights on a sometimes inconsistent schedule. (Work is very client dependent and is performed after hours, when business is closed.) Occasional day work may be available.
- Work with mechanical equipment safely and can troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Maintain equipment in clean, functional order. Minor equipment repairs.
- Communicate and work directly with the Operations Manager to ensure that accounts are completed
- Complete necessary reports upon job completion stating evaluation and system deficiencies
- Proficiently leads crews on jobs in the cleaning of kitchen exhaust systems in compliance with NFPA and company standards.
- Ability to teach and train basic procedures to Junior Technicians
- Attend the monthly Safety Meeting
Qualifications / Skills Required / Physical Demand
- Current, valid driver’s license (preferably with experience pulling trailers/equipment)
- Previous pressure washing or hood cleaning experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, kneel/stand for long periods of time
- Timely, prompt. Excellent time management is essential
- Ability to work outdoors in all safe weather conditions
- Team player that can also work independently and with minimum direction
- High Level of Communication
- Reliable Transportation to and from the office
- Good attention to detail, follow instructions as given
- Able to work a flexible schedule
Boss Fire Protection helps local businesses adhere to state and federal laws in regards to fire protection requirements. Beginning with and specializing in fire extinguisher services, over the last 10 years Boss Fire Protection has grown into a nearly full-service fire protection company and is now Utah's fastest growing fire protection company.
We are dedicated to providing the best quality fire extinguisher and suppression service to businesses of all sizes while providing opportunity to our employees for growth, advancement, and expansion.
Role: Senior Night Technician ($13 - $18/hr)
Apply for this job now.