Role: Policy Advisor
Contract Length: Until March 2021
Location: London or Home based
Salary: £375-500/day (umbrella)
Security Clearance: BPSS
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE WOULD BE IDEAL
1) Strong policy background
2) Public sector experience and experience delivering briefs within government
3) Operational delivery experience would also be considered
As a Senior Policy Advisor, you will exercise sound judgment and interpretative ability, often dealing with diverse problems. You will frequently interact with businesses or other Departments at a senior level, requiring a high degree of confidence and interpersonal skills. You will cultivate your own networks across government or industry and contribute significantly to high level decision making for business planning or policy implementation.
You should be enthusiastic about the work you do and encourage other team members to do the same. You'll apply innovative thoughts when developing strategies or advising on policy formation which requires the ability to interact with senior leaders and stakeholders at all levels, where a strong set of interpersonal skills is essential.
You will work to one of the G7 Policy Team Leaders within the GB-EU Animal Exports Team.
To be successful in this role you will need to have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to research problems, and the passion to solve them. You'll work on designing, delivering and communicating policy, and work across organisational boundaries and professional disciplines to deliver results. You may be managing teams and their workloads and delegate tasks.
As a Senior Policy Adviser you will:
- Provide cover to the G7 policy lead on end of Transition Period related activities and projects
- Be researching, organising and analysing perspectives, facts and data. Judgement and interpretative ability will be required where the issues are complex or conflicting
- Be expected to weigh up a number of factors to produce constructive ideas and solutions, exercising discretion to make decisions
- At times work independently on day-to-day issues. This may include providing technical or expert advice to feed into policy development
- Develop expertise in the policy area and be the representative on the issue at internal and external meetings
- Draft policy submissions and engage with Parliamentary activity
- Support legislative development
- Develop good working relationships with a variety of government departments and senior stakeholders
- Contribute towards project planning and the creation of required project documentation
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181