This position requires a commitment to excellence, an eagerness to learn, and the desire to deliver a valuable service. Friendly, energetic, and organized person with accounting, payroll, and tax experience needed to oversee accounting and tax services to smaller, yet complicated and interesting, closely-held businesses. This position is based primarily in our Lexington, NC location but services clients throughout the Triad and NC. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-oriented, highly dependable, has the ability to work well within a team environment. The applicant should be willing to work overtime during the tax busy season and other peak times as client needs dictate. Job responsibilities are as follows:
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Ability to meet with clients, act as valued advisor in business and tax matters, plan and manage unique engagements allowing clients to effectively run their businesses
- Provide tax services to closely-held businesses and business owners, with a background in Individuals, Partnerships, S Corporations, and C Corporations.
- Supervise bookkeeping and accounting services for clients
- Plan and execute special projects for clients
- Manage the client engagement and relationship with the assistance of staff and Partners
- Generate extended services to existing clients as well as developing new clients
- Develop staff and train staff to perform quality work and appropriate controls
- Build client relationships with CFOs, Controllers and business owners
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability and desire to grow relationships
- Manage multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Review financial statements and tax returns for various entity types including S-corporations, C-corporations, partnerships, payroll returns, and individuals
Education and Experience:
- Our ideal candidate will possess 6 plus years of public accounting or industry experience with a focus on tax and business strategy and planning
- Excellent MS Office experience
- Masters in Accounting or Tax preferred
- CPA Certification strongly preferred
- Real Estate experience preferred
Smith Leonard is a growing, full-service CPA firm with offices in High Point, Lexington, and Winston-Salem, NC. We’ve discovered that public accounting is not a one-size fits all proposition. Different firms offer varying experiences, culture and work environment. Smith Leonard is proud to be a firm that offers an approachable, yet professional culture with great work/life balance. We have been rated one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today every year in their annual employee survey since we first submitted our application in 2010 and our 2017 ranking is an amazing #6 in the nation! We benefit from the autonomy of local decision-making, but at the same time, our incredibly experienced leadership team and affiliation as an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA gives us access to far superior technical resources than you would expect from a “local” firm.
Smith Leonard believes happy employees make happy clients, which is why we are so proud of the team we’ve built together. Please go to our website to learn more about Smith Leonard PLLC at #removed#-leonard.com.
Role: Tax Manager
Apply for this job now.