The company is a leading manufacturer and solutions provider of wet industrial cooling towers for the power generation and process industries. The Proposals/Application Engineer is responsible for thermal ratings and analysis of customer specifications, and preparing proposals for the Aftermarket Department opportunities working closely with sales and project execution to ensure a smooth transition from proposal to project. Ensures proper verbal and written communication are used to execute work in adherence of company policies and procedures.
· Thermal Ratings: Prepare cooling tower performance ratings and thermal performance curves using company tools. Work within required guidelines and processes for thermal ratings and testing.
· Proposals: Prepare budget, creative, and formal proposals. Review customer specifications and develop required technical clarifications/exceptions and customer required data sheets. Work closely with estimating reviewing estimates for conformance with scope of work. Work in conjunction with Sales, Reps, Estimating, and Design on strategy and review scope of work written by sales engineers for completeness and accuracy. Develop project cash flow analysis in the development of payment terms. Obtain any required documents for the proposal, including but not limited to insurance certificates, bonding, taxes, safety information, staff resumes, experience lists, QA/QC information, drawings, hourly labor rates, and schedules with team support. Work closely with the Sales Engineer to ensure the proposal meets the selling requirements before the proposal is sent to the client. Develop and maintain all required proposal templates and processes and files, both hard copy and electronic.
· Commercial Reviews: Perform commercial reviews of contracts and purchase order terms & conditions in accordance with company guidelines and develop all required commercial clarifications/exceptions in coordination with technical, sales and legal support. Facilitate commercial and risk review for Sr. Management review and approval. Manage and track all in-house reviews, pre-and post-award. Negotiate terms with clients in accordance with company guidelines. Deliver, organize and maintain all contract related documents.
· Job Turnovers: Support the job turnover process from sales to project execution including setting up job files, notifying all departments with critical dates and coordination requirements. Update order data system.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Construction Engineering and/or equivalent industry experience with understanding of thermal dynamics and mechanical components.
· Excellent technical reading / writing skills with 2+ years experience in proposal writing and specification review.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize with time driven deadlines with excellent organizational skills.
· Comfortable working with counterparts located in different offices in widespread geographic locations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of a project and with people at all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
· Demonstrated competence in MS Excel, MS Project/Primavera, MS Word.
· Working knowledge of industrial cooling towers including structural, thermal, hydraulic and electrical systems.
Knowledge of construction contracts and/or business law.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and also participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
ENEXIO is a reflection of what we do and what we have accomplished together with our customers as a pioneer in the field of power cooling and water and wastewater over decades. It represents a commitment to our customers and all business partners at the same time we as a global power cooling solutions and service provider stand for Energy.Engineering.Excellence. #removed#
With our experience and pioneering spirit in engineering, manufacturing and service we deliver state of the art solutions for power plants, water and wastewater applications, always affected by our deep sense of responsibility for the overall management of resources and a clean environment.
We deliver excellence and achieve customer satisfaction everywhere in the world. Our worldwide employees work with a continual commitment to high quality, ecology and cost effective products and services. Our commitment to Energy, Engineering and Excellence means for our customers that we are a reliable partner who is always there to meet your expectations with superior results.
ENEXIO US LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ENEXIO also participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Role: Proposals/Applications Engineer
Apply for this job now.