Company: ELLIOTT EQUIPMENT COMPANY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Responsible for providing detailed drawings for fabrication and assembly of company products and working with engineer to design new products. Uses CAD equipment to provide support to Engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Inventor) equipment and software to develop designs
- Analyzes and discusses with engineer the scope and purpose of new or redesigned products.
- Conducts research of materials and vendors for new and redesigned products.
- Creates Bill of Material for all drawings.
- Creates and revises drawings of new and redesigned products and implements into production.
- Makes final sketch of drawing, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of on part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Assists and guides plant personnel with new or redesigned assemblies and procedures.
- Conducts follow-up quality inspection and operational test of new or redesigned assemblies and procedures.
- Creates drawings for customers and vendors as required.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for Production Drawings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individuals must possess these knowledge's, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of Inventor
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to read and understand welding symbols.
- Possess basic understanding of welding, mechanics, electrical and hydraulics.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects on schedule.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in mechanical drafting.
- One to three years related job preferred.
- Some engineering experience/exposure in a manufacturing environment preferred.