SUMMARY: The Maximo Work & Asset Management Technical Lead is a critical position within Information Technology and is responsible for maintaining the health, stability and performance of the Maximo system, designing, architecting, building, and testing the interfaces it has with other business critical applications likes GIS and Financial systems.
The candidate will also provide input with planning, upgrade, architecture and interface design of core Maximo and Maximo add-ons with internal and external systems. Responsible for tuning and optimizing the environment, planning and executing upgrades and coordinating with external vendors for support of the system.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this job. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform work-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description. This job description is not a “contract” between the employee and the Authority. The job duties and essential functions may be changed at the discretion of the General Manager.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Administration and maintenance of current Maximo environment; including maintenance, patching, configuration, review, analysis and troubleshooting of applications, systems and servers for the Production and Test/Dev environments; performance and capacity planning; etc.
- Routine monitoring activities including review and analysis of application logs, server event logs, disk/storage space utilization, usage, etc.
· Customize/Configure, test and deploy IBM Maximo through all phases of the implementation life cycle Document, adhere to and monitor compliance with system governance procedures and policies.
· Ability to write precise Functional Design Documents (FDD) and Technical Design Documents (TDD) for Maximo specifications.
· Develop Maximo upgrade paths to deploy solutions using various technologies, including XML, XLST, SQL, Java Message Service (JMS), Web Logic, WebSphere, SQL Server and/or Oracle databases.
· Document, design and maintain system topology and architecture, including add-on deployments for Production and Test/Dev environments.
· Plan, design and implement Maximo security and access controls including, but not limited to, authentication, security roles, user groups, work flows, audiences, and item level security.
· Support Maximo Warehouse Management, Maximo Functional Enhancements, Maximo High Availability, Maximo SCCD, Spatial, Single Sign-on, and Mobile experience.
· Help business to create PM and CMs based on input from business depending on asset class.
- Add assets, asset attributes and data loading to Maximo system.
- Design and implement of integration with ESRI GIS application as requested (if needed with the help of 3rd party vendors.
- Support end users of the systems; including reviewing, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving functional and technical issues and providing training and guidance on system usage.
· Responsible for planned and unplanned on-premise application failover and recovery.
· Management of system content and data, including creating, managing, and restoring backups of site collections, sites, lists, libraries, content, views, etc.; migrating content, lists, libraries, sites, workflows, web parts, permissions, metadata, etc.; and content archiving.
· Report on Maximo uptime and SLA compliance.
· Review & implement IT security.
· Design, maintain and test back-up and disaster recovery processes to ensure high availability and reliability.
Resource Availability Requirements
· Maximo Work and Asset Management system is a part of critical IT infrastructure.
- This is an onsite position.
- The resource availability is bound by current support SLA. If needed resource should provide support during non-office hours.
- Work with infrastructure and IT security team bounded by the overall IT administration and security policies.
Development and Support - Separation of Duties
· The resource is expected to assist the current teams (application development team, GIS, Finance systems etc.)
· The individual will be responsible for small custom development and database support.
· This position will not administer the database.
· As the current on premise environments are stable, DC Water expects the resource will have time to support development and migration. However, these efforts will be captured separately in the time sheet.
· Support third party applications in DC Water as and when required ( eg: BIRT reporting, eLogger etc) after internal training.
- Manages 3rd party technical activities of vendors/contractors.
- Oversees contract, vendor and employee DBA’s, analysts and other architects as needed.
Role: Work & Asset Management Technical Lead
Apply for this job now.