The Senior SEC Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of all external reporting to the Securities Exchange Commission. This includes the compilation of the quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings, quarterly 8-K filings, including the Supplemental Report and Earnings Release, annual proxy statement filing, and other filings as necessary. The Senior SEC Accountant will also be responsible for assisting with technical accounting research, accounting policy creation, and internal and external financial analysis.
This is a fast-paced, highly visible role that requires a strong work ethic and a positive, problem-solving attitude. In order to be successful, this person must interact with a wide-range of individuals throughout the Company, including corporate executives, and be willing to have their role evolve over time as the Company grows and adapts.
- Assist with the preparation of all SEC forms (with a focus on Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, and annual proxy materials), including preparation of all financial statements and disclosures in accordance with GAAP and SEC regulations, and review of supporting documentation used in the preparation of the materials
- Work directly with members of senior management to assist in the research of technical accounting analyses, including presentation of recommended treatment and documentation of findings in technical memos
- Assist with quarterly and ad hoc analysis to support Investor Relations, including the Companys corporate sustainability report, quarterly and ad hoc press releases, periodic investor conference materials, as needed, and peer earnings summaries
- Proactively develop an understanding of accounting applicable to the real estate properties and corporate entities managed by CoreSite
- Remain up-to-date with current accounting and financial reporting guidance and changes to existing guidance in order to assist with the development and implementation of sound accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate understanding and completion of internal controls to maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Coordinate directly with external auditors during audits and reviews
- Promote and demonstrate the behaviors consistent with CoreSites culture and 8 Guiding Principles
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting, SEC regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience in telecom and/or real estate industry is valuable
- Experience in researching complex technical accounting issues and summarizing findings in accounting memorandums
- Hands-on, self starter who is disciplined and detail orientated with the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting that requires a highly accurate and timely work product
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to progress multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent listening, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability to deadlines
- Knowledge of JD Edwards software package is a plus
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Accounting
- CPA license is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting and / or auditing
- Experience with preparation or review of financial statements in either public accounting or an accounting department in a publicly traded company
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Not only does CoreSite have a fun, team-focused work environment, but we also offer great benefits!
- Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
- Telemedicine through MDLive
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Life Insurance and Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Voluntary coverage benefits for Life and AD&D, Critical Illness, Accident Coverage, and Hospital Indemnity
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans and Health Saving Account (HSA) Plans
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous company contribution
- Free parking or a company contribution towards a public transit pass
- Paid Parental Leave
- 16 days of Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Wellness program with annual incentive
- Annual discretionary bonus incentive
Applicant Privacy Notice: CoreSite is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information submitted by applicants. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to provide you information about our personal information handling practices. As a result, were providing this Privacy Notice that describes how we collect, use, share, and update personal information from individuals who wish to be considered for employment with CoreSite. To read the Applicant Privacy Notice, please go to https://#removed#/applicant-privacy-notice.