The Diesel Technician performs heavy-duty mechanical repair work under general supervision. Shift is Monday-Friday 12:30pm-9pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned.
- Performs and/or assists in the performance of general mechanical duties. Including but not limited to: fuel systems, electrical systems, transmissions, cooling systems, chassis, brakes, engine tune-ups, body work, and general maintenance.
- Performs trouble shooting on major problems.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling of company tools.
- Advises the Leadman/Shop Foreman if additional repair work is needed.
- Follows safety practices and shop regulations.
- Completes paperwork as required to accurately document the work performed on vehicles.
1. Must have at least one year of service technician experience, preferably with heavy duty trucks and trailers, or a certification from a technical school.
2. Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities.
3. Physical requirements include:
- Near & midrange vision
- Ability to work alone and under stress.
- Walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting and reaching.
- Lifting Requirements:
- Lifting 50 lbs floor to waist
- Lifting 50 lbs floor to shoulder
- Lifting 50 lbs waist to shoulder.
- Carrying 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to use pneumatic tools.
- Using hands, wrists, elbows and shoulder for repetitive motion tasks.
- Ability to work in seasonal heat and cold; amidst noise, dust, and fumes.
CDL preferred - ability to move a semi in and out of shop
Must be able to climb a ladder up to heights of 13 feet.
Between our brand new gym, delicious cafe, and all the wonderful employees, you won't even know you're at work. Whether you have years of industry experience or are just starting your career, Melton has the opportunities for you. Our family culture and open communication creates an ideal work environment. Not to mention great pay and benefits! We invest in our employees and help them find the right path. From sales, HR, accounting, management and marketing to facilities, landscaping and the shop, Melton has a fun and challenging position for everyone. Find your path, apply now!
Melton is a premium over the road flat bed trucking company based out of Tulsa, OK. We have 1100 trucks and 300 employees. We have 6 terminals in the United States- Tulsa, OK, Laredo, TX, Dallas, TX, El Paso, TX, Birmingham, AL, and Masury, OH.
Role: Diesel Technician
Apply for this job now.