We are currently looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join our growing team. The SOC Engineer is at the forefront of proactive security engagements within the Managed Services customer base. Working as part of the Technical Support Services team, the SOC Engineer is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and management of cyber security solutions, risk remediation and threat hunting.
This role will be remote/office based - Huntingdon.
- Investigating incidents, conducting root cause and kill chain analysis.
- Creating client reports to deliver findings from incidents, reviews and testing results.
- Working with junior members of the team to help build their knowledge and assisting them with triaging, running phishing assessments and generating threat reports.
- Promoting a good cyber security posture within the business and client environments, providing advice and best practices.
- Keeping up to date with cyber security news, industry best practices and emerging threat intelligence.
- Working with management to help develop and tune the security monitoring tools, strategy, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience (5 years+) in IT in a support function
- Experience of supporting and managing a Wintel server infrastructure
- Experience of supporting and managing LAN and edge networking services such as Switches, Routers, Firewalls, load balancers, web proxies
- Experience with next-generation endpoint security solutions
- Knowledge of vulnerability management solutions such as Tenable
- Understanding of the security kill chain and MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Demonstrably strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for forging a career in cyber security
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution and work under pressure
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Knowledge of security operations concepts such as: perimeter defence; BYOD management; data loss prevention; insider threat; kill chain analysis; risk assessment, and security metrics.
- Experience of working within a Managed Services environment
- A good understanding of tools, techniques and methods in areas such as penetration testing, web applications (OWASP), incident response, log analysis, network packet analysis
- Experience of frameworks such as ITIL
- Recognised vendor security certifications
- Knowledge and experience of solutions such as Cloud Security Posture Management and Cloud Application Security Brokers
- Experience of the Sophos suite of products
- Experience in working with Microsoft ATP products
- Exposure to EDR, SIEM and BAS solutions
- Possess a broad range of skills across Wintel systems, Middleware applications, core infrastructure and cloud solutions and their interoperability
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Role: Security Operations Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.