Adaxa is looking for qualified individuals to join our team and fulfill our mission to reinvent healthcare technology and provide our customers with agile and innovative business solutions.
We're excited to present you with an opportunity to join our growing team as a Linux Systems Engineer in our Fort Lauderdale,Florida location.
The Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining server resources as used in development and production systems in a dynamic team environment. You will be responsible for the efficient planning, provisioning, installation/configuration, operations, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience as they relate to state of the art technologies. We have large implementation of Amazon Web Services and OpenStack. We are currently looking for staff to join our team to help engineer solutions and leverage these systems and other cloud services as we grow. You will have the opportunity to work with systems across multiple technical disciplines (telephone, database, storage and security).
- Design and implement infrastructure improvements to ensure optimal systems and application performance and scalability in a virtualized cloud environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain streamlined operations of all systems resources in the company's offices, data centers, and remote users for software development, testing environment and production systems.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades, and resource optimization as needed.
- Design, develop and implement server solutions for key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of the corporate IT environment verifying the integrity and availability of all server instances, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Assist in defining and implementing IT policies and procedures.
- Provide IT team members and support representatives with technical support and guidance.
- Interface with IT team to ensure all system requirements are clearly defined, implemented and tested.
- Provides knowledge transfer to other IT team members, writing documentation as required.
- Other plan driven duties and/or responsibility as deemed necessary and appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/BA/BBA in Computer Science or Information Technology, plus three years of experience designing and developing solutions in a corporate setting (or equivalent combination of education and experience.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and maintaining CentOS, Ubuntu Linux servers in a corporate environment.
- Experienced at performing administrative and engineering activities and configuration within the Linux command line interface
- Expertise in implementing and administering systems in a virtualized cloud environment such as AWS EC2, OpenStack
- Experienced with automation and deployments tools such as Ansible.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in TCP/IP and Ethernet networking technologies including SDN
- Experienced in monitoring server performance using various tools such as Zenoss
- Expertise in optimizing server configurations for Rails, Passenger, Apache, Nginx and MySQL or Postgres environments
- Scripting experience with any of the following languages - Bash, Python, Ruby and/or Perl
- Technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective procedures and systems requirements that meet business requirements
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently, under general supervision and as a part of a team, on several concurrent tasks with changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for requirements gathering and change management
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
Able to accept and share information freely; maintains working relationships within the organization; adaptable to change; gathers and evaluates information from departments, providers, contractors, etc; culturally competent, analyses problems effectively with proposed resolutions; seeks opportunities to be proactive; challenges long-standing procedures to see if new approaches should be considered; interacts with people at all levels, internally and externally, and in a service oriented manner.
Edit Job | Indeed.com
Adaxatech offers a competitive benefit package to full-time eligible employees, including:
- Healthcare Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Hospital and Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
Apply for this Position:
If you feel you are the right person for this opportunity with Adaxa, please forward a PDF resume and your salary requirements Only local candidates will be considered (Fort Lauderdale, Florida). Must be eligible to work in USA without Visa sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Application Questions - Edit
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of TCP/IP experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you in Fort Lauderdale, FL?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Apply method: Email (#removed#, #removed#, #removed#)
Adaxa Technologies is building the next generation of healthcare tech solutions that will define innovation and performance. Our focus on the creation of growth and new opportunities for our clients and employees is fueled by our dedication to continual improvement.
Role: Linux System Engineer
Location: Fort Lauderdale,
Apply for this job now.