The role will be responsible for managing the Revenue Accounting (RA) Tower within the Accounting & Control team. The scope of the role is all of the Managed & Leased Hotels in the HAFS (Hilton Accounting & Financial Services) model in the UK & Ireland.
The role will be responsible for managing a team of 7 people, comprising of 6 Specialists and 1 Supervisor in the RA function, operating in Hilton Bracknell.
The Accounting & Control RA Manager will be responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of the financial results including monthly P&Ls, and will provide those results for the FP&A team who will then analyse them against forecasted expectations. The role will also be responsible for monitoring and reviewing daily revenue reporting as well as ensuring that Operation Finance controls are met.
The role will be responsible for identifying & implementing process improvements for the RA tower in the HAFS model, and this will be achieved by partnering with the CoE, Hotel Operations and other towers within the Operations Finance team to deliver a continuous improvement agenda that is targeted with driving improvements in KPI performance and reducing exception-handling for the Hotel teams involved in the Tower processes.
The role reports to the Director of Accounting & Control who is accountable for the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements for all of the in-scope Hotels.
The Accounting & Control RA Manager will be expected to work under their own initiative as their direct manager will be frequently based at other sites. Key stakeholders will include UK&I Hotel Leadership; FP&A team, Hotel General Managers and HODs, Corporate Functional Leads, Compliance Team, HAFS team.
The role will also be responsible for driving a high performing team culture.
Manage the RA team at Hilton Bracknell.
• Ensure that the Hotels'''' revenue is materially accurate. This is to be done within the deadlines of the RTR accounting cycle.
• Review Hotels'''' Balance Sheet and ensure open/aged balance sheet items are resolved.
• Assist with the liaison on behalf of Hotels for Financial external and internal audits & ensure that Operations Finance aspects of audits are complied with.
• Support partnering with the Compliance team to optimise and evolve the Controls framework to ensure that controls are relevant to business risks & take the centralised model into account. Ensure that Operations Finance controls are met at all times.
• Deliver the continuous improvement agenda to drive improvements across the RA Tower in the HAFS model and to reduce exception-handling and queries at the hotels. This is expected to include frequent workshops with the CoE team and the delivery of a communication & training program to Hotel teams using these processes.
• Embed Process Improvement into the daily routine of the team.
• Work with CoE team to continually review & improve the RA controls to reduce risk of cash & revenue leakage.
• Establish an exception reporting model to target investigations on unusual transactions and trends.
• Work with CoE team to build KPI dashboard that builds on current KPI reports to show measures that will identify issues and allow progress to be monitored. Also build in regular stakeholder feedback to measure the effectiveness of the service.
• Ensure that team are always focused on strategic fixes to issues.
• Work closely with your fellow Accounting & Control Managers to drive consistency and improvements across all the functional Towers.
• Act as holiday cover for your fellow Managers.
• Serve as a strategic business partner and financial advisor to hotel management and ownership, area management and corporate offices.
• Develop a model for continuously monitoring Hotel Operations'''' compliance to audit requirements.
Direct and administer all financial operations of the hotel to include, but not limited to, asset protection, financial reporting, systems management (clearly defined & hotel level),
• Perform monthly user access review of RA related systems.
• Resolve RA Operations Finance Internal Audit findings (MAPS).
• For the RA functional Tower, ensure CoE operate in line with the terms of the SLAs, and that Hotel teams operate in line with HAFS OLAs. Escalate areas of non-compliance.
• Work with HAFS team to ensure that SLA and KPI targets are updated according to Business needs.
• Oversee to ensure operations compliance with all internal controls at property level.
• Hire, manage, evaluate Operations Finance team members - drive high performing culture.
• Build competence with relevant employees through training, best practice sharing, recognition and rewards, and other professional development opportunities.
• Support and foster an environment receptive of change in response to corporate initiatives and special projects.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
• Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations on property and follow the correct procedures when required.
• Ensure hotels are in compliance with Corporate Policies (SPI''''s) and governmental rules and regulations. Report irregularities and non-compliant situations to General Manager and Regional Finance Director as required by corporate guidelines.
• Assume leadership role in the education of supervisory staff in financial management.
• Ensure that the best interest of the hotels, Hilton and owners are protected. Seek legal advice, if deemed necessary, from the Hilton legal department.
• Develop current talents to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
• Provides direction and directives to the departmental team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives.
• Works with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, and their own career objectives.
• Executes directives of organization''''s mission, goals and objectives and demonstrates through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership.
• Ensures communication plan as established by department head is properly executed.
• Oversees and evaluates business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
• Ability to develop presentations and effectively present to all levels of company.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills (all levels of management and external customers).
• The role will require travel, especially to the CoE in Glasgow.
1 * RA Supervisor
See descriptionRole: Accounting & Control Manager- RA - Hilton Bracknell Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Bracknell, England, EnglandApply for this job now.