Join a sector that helps others! Talk to us - click APPLY now!
We're looking for Support Workers to work with us in Rochester supporting 5 adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and communication difficulties in a residential service. Individuals need support to enable them to participate in activities around the home and within the community such as swimming, bowling, visiting parks, home visits and weekly shops.
As a Support Worker you will;
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
Due to the nature of this role it is essential for successful applicants to hold a full valid driving license and be willing to drive the service vehicle. NON driver applications will not be taken any further as this is a requirement for this post. Visit our website for any other roles available.
- Various contracts available - Full time, part time or bank hours
- Shift work - days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays (24/7)
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
- No experience needed but would be beneficial
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
- Show commitment to personal and professional development
We offer our Support Workers (T&C's apply):
- £18,373 per annum (pro rata)
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme - earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Employee Assistance Programme