We are looking for a proactive and strategic candidate to fill the permanent position of Sourcing Specialist within our Sourcing and Procurement department based in Hammersmith.
This key role within the procurement team will focus on the broadcast, media and technology spend areas across EMEA.
The successful candidate will be part of Disney's International Sourcing and Procurement division which is accountable for Procurement activities outside of domestic US. This role will be responsible for souring and procurement activities that focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions across the Broadcast Media Technology category. Demand management analysis and supplier performance analysis will also be an important part of the role.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of market trends and conditions in the broadcast, media and technology space and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients.
- Contributing to the delivery of individual and category cost savings targets
- Utilising commodity specialists within the Business Units and elsewhere within sourcing for market knowledge and product expertise
- Managing the collection of user requirements across all business units
- Performing supplier selection activities in partnership with appropriate Business Unit and other procurement constituents
- Interacting with and influencing stakeholders across the business
- Performing external market research and supplier pre-qualification activities
- Experience in one or more of the core categories of spend, production, post-production, digital distribution and commodity IT and a willingness to develop knowledge in other areas
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills and the ability to manage a range of sometimes competing stakeholder interests and expectations
- Ability to analyse complex data and use this to develop sourcing opportunities
- Ability to apply market knowledge to sourcing projects to create extra value for stakeholders
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 10% travel)
- Proven experience in and organization with a strong record of procurement
- Fluent in English and one other regional language preferred
- Bachelors degree
- Good understanding of Technology & Finance would be useful, but not essential.
- Understanding of legal aspects related to procurement contracts.
- Professional certification - completed or in process of studying for Chartered Institute of Purchasing qualification.
See descriptionRole: Sourcing Specialist - Broadcast Media Technology (Fixed Term Contract) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.