TrellisWare launched in 2000 with an innovative culture striving to push technological boundaries in the area of wireless communications. We are now a worldwide leader in highly advanced algorithms, waveforms, and communications systems that range from small form factor radio products to fully integrated solutions.
At TrellisWare, we connect passion with purpose and together we make an impact- on our careers, our company, and the world. And you can too. If you love to innovate and collaborate amid chaos and change, you belong at TrellisWare. Where the opportunity to serve is not a challenge but a gift. Where you're never going alone. Because there's too much at stake to go solo.
Our people are our primary asset, and we believe that strong, cohesive teams are the key to leveraging brilliant individual contributions to even greater achievements. The Hardware Team is seeking a Digital Design Group Lead. You would be responsible for supervising the simulation, design, documentation, and test of a wide variety of digitally based circuit card assemblies (CCAs) used in our radios (and other products) that push the boundaries of communication systems. You will take on assignments with a sophisticated complexity and gain a wide variety of projects and challenges, from designing microprocessor-based interface CCAs to high-speed (10Gb/s SERDES) Modem cards while also growing and empowering an innovative Digital Design Team. TrellisWare's Group Leads lead by example, step outside their comfort zones, and provide challenging and rewarding opportunities for growth within their teams. Our Group Leads are humble leaders in service to their teams, ensuring strategic alignment between people, processes, and strategies.
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership and expertise to Digital Design Team
- Supervises the design and simulation processes of digital circuits and systems and ensures quality
- Supports and oversees PCB Design
- Oversees PCB fabrication and circuit card assembly
- Manages CCA test processes, simulation, and integration
- Supports system test & integration
- Acts as Technical Lead when needed to identify needs and innovate clever solutions
- Supports and promotes the importance of high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Assists in the assessment of opportunities for process improvement and prepares documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Documents and presents design alternatives using good industry standard practices and corporate defined engineering processes
- Hires, engages, and retains the best people
- Clarifies goals and expectations for teams performance (removes obstacles and provides necessary resources and feedback) in order to achieve agreed targets and results, and synergistically supports departmental success
- Provides functional leadership over team assignee's timecard approval, annual goal definition, performance reviews, and salary compensation updates
- Acts as a coach or a mentor for team members and assists them in career development efforts
Education and work experience requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field of study required
- Emphasis/background in communications preferred
- 7+ years' experience in digital design specialty
To be considered for this position, you would need to meet, at a minimum, the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed here:
- Deep knowledge in digital logic, digital interfaces, signals and communications, devices, and digital architecture
- Functional knowledge of Orcad Capture
- Functional knowledge of digital simulation software, such as Hyperlynx
- Functional knowledge of PADS PCB Design
- Solid understanding of ATE and how it can simplify testing
- Solid understanding of industry standard DFM and DFT best practices
- Proficiency in using signal generators, oscilloscopes, digital logic analyzers, as well as other complex measurement devices
- Works independently, takes initiative, and willfully interacts with and supports a variety of engineering development teams
- Demonstrates strong documentation skills and proficient with PC office applications
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborative drive and interpersonal skills
- Prioritization and delegation skills
- Ability to mentor and coach junior employees in professional development and process improvement
- Ability to evaluate performance against defined goals and effectively communicate areas of growth/improvement for direct reports
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective execution and decision making
- Champion of change and promotes innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with qualified disabilities.
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Additional requirements are:
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Note: Many of TrellisWare's positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Disclaimer The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.
*TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.*Job Posted by ApplicantPro