Works cross functionally to influence the annual operational plans by creating and facilitating a variety of Kaizen projects or workshops, interacting with all levels within the business using different approaches to guide and challenge current and future thinking to support future planning and growth along the lean journey. Candidates will handle the following functions and activities:
- Execute Value Stream transformation as a Kaizen Leader and report to management results from Kaizen's
- Review with the Department Manager/Supervisor the Kaizen event scope and objectives, and assist in the identification and selection of team members.
- Manage the daily agenda during the Kaizen event and assures that team dynamics are positive.
- Must Communicate the details of the Kaizen event to all team members.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the company's production system processes
- Performs corrective action initiatives and problem solving (5Y and Root Cause Analysis)
- Directs the work of hourly employees during Kaizen if Continuous Improvement Manager is not present.
- Trains Team Members in the Production System techniques
- Monitors the Company's Production Systems that are currently in place by performing and directing Audits
- Coordinates Production System and continuous improvement team projects
- Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time
Proven Track Record in Leading Kaizen’s
Documented Training with emphasis on Toyota Production System preferred.
Two to three years work experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
Solid Computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook
Excellent communication and people skills.
Good analytical skills with ability to work with minimal supervisions /guidance.
BS - Degree in Industrial Engineering highly desirable
Large Automotive supplier of product with processes in metal fabrication, and light truck assembly. .
Role: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Apply for this job now.