Job Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Louisville, KY
Job Type: Permanent
- The CNC Machinist operate a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to the following: Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical, and Horizontal Hone, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Manual Mill/Lathe, CNC Mills and Lathes, and standard machine shop equipment.
- Frequently, operations are repaired type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
- Work under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
- Responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
- Must understand the shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
- Candidate should have at least a High School Diploma.
- Should have at least a year of experience in operating and setting-up CNC Mills (preferably Fanuc, Siemens, KT and G&L controls)
- Experience in programming CNC Mills (G-code, M-code) is a plus but not required
- Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
- Must have the knowledge of, and the ability to apply, algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of complex parts.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining blueprints.
- Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to set up and operate major machine tools.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Role: CNC Machinist 2nd and 3rd shift!!!
Apply for this job now.