We are currently working with a Primary School in Cambridge, who are in need of a skilled SEN support assistant to work in the Reception class. You would be supporting children with varying needs including Global Developmental Delay, ASD and Speech, Communication and Language needs. You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis and/or in small groups throughout the school day.
The practitioner must be dedicated and passionate, who has an encouraging personality and who will help the children make progress socially and academically. Experience working with the 'Letters & Sounds' Phonics scheme and delivering small group/ 1:1 interventions is highly sough after for this role. This position offers candidates the scope to develop their career within a primary school, alongside upholding high expectations of learning, attainment and behaviour. The view is for the role to become permanent for the right candidate.
As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Liaise with the SENCO and class teacher to report on the child's development after each day
- Work along side the class teacher to plan personalised sessions each week
- Access the child's EHCP or IEP in order to successfully meet individual targets
- To be able to think creatively and have a flexible approach to teaching and learning
- Plan and deliver small group/1:1 sessions
You will need to hold the following:
- Experience in EYFS or School environment
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the Early Years Sector
- Level 2 qualified or above
- Good behaviour management skills
- Experience of delivering Phonics
The school are looking for an SEN support assistant on a full time basis (8.45am - 3.15pm).
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please do not hesitate to get in touch. Send an up to date CV to Sophia at Teaching Personnel - #removed# or call on 01223 778494.