Our client is a high growth, privately owned business services company and they are now looking to recruit a best-in-class Finance Director as they seek to capitalize on numerous strategic opportunities. Having an enviable market share in the clients they partner, the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working ‘at pace’ in a role which will be both strategic and hands-on. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody seeking a high profile role in a highly scalable business.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Minimum 5 - 7 years post qualification experience, ideally in a fast growth/ dynamic environment.
- Driven and energetic with strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience in driving operational efficiency whilst meeting top line growth objectives.
- Experience in helping to formulate and execute against future direction and strategy for a business.
- Experience in leading and building successful teams, with good people management skills and expertise in dealing and presenting at Executive and / or Board level.
- Experience in producing monthly accounts; 3- and 5-year business model; scenario analysis; KPI and trend and variance analysis.
- Experience in fund raising and/ or sale of a business (presenting the numbers and outlook)
- Strong understanding of operational challenges with hands on experience. Practical and pragmatic problem solver.
- Be helpful to have experience in Recurring revenue business models and Software licencing.
- Experience of Sage software would be advantageous, especially Sage 200.
- Experience in deployment and optimisation of other ERPs and Software tools also helpful
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting and planning process together with the production of the 3- year business model / plan.
- Analyse and report on performance against plan and highlight risks
- Assist in the development of longer-term growth strategies and plans
- Work with the CEO on structuring and presentations to banks and financiers for debt & equity financing for the Company (eg. preparing grant applications)
- Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Lead and motivate the finance and Operations team
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Advise the CEO and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance
- Prepare annual accounts; oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly (if deemed necessary) and annual basis
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures (exploring methods to minimise financial risk)
- Ensure all insurances are adequate and up to date and that all IP is correctly registered and renewal dates are tracked
- Develop plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs and improve existing systems and policies
- Ensure that customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Manage efficient stock and inventory levels and provide oversight of the manufacturing process
- Deploy and optimise a scalable and efficient operational and supply chain model to support the growth of the business
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.