We are seeking to hire an on-site, full-time Microsoft SQL Server database developer. Daily responsibilities include SSRS report creation and maintenance, as well as creating, testing, and debugging SQL objects used by internal applications and reports. There is also short and long-term project work, solution design, existing product support, and new technology implementation
The ideal candidate will possess a keen interest in databases, report writing, and T-SQL coding, paired with a strong desire to learn while being flexible to adjust with changing priorities. Required Skills: * SQL Server * SSRS * C#.NET.
- SQL Server database development: tables, stored procedures, indexes, etc.
- SSIS as well as non-standard ETL development (BCP, command line).
- SSRS development.
- Database performance analysis and optimization.
- Business requested data extractions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Intermediate to a strong understanding of the MS SQL Server environment (3+ years of experience), specifically in regards to indexing (clustered, non-clustered, column store).
- Have experience with SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience with aggregating large data sets, specifically within a data warehouse environment.
- Intermediate to a strong understanding of execution plans and plan caching.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Including a proactive disposition toward identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Familiar with report development paradigms.
- Ability to complete development projects on time without day to day oversight of the code
- Must be able to review and optimize large pieces of SQL code.
- Familiar with MS SQL best practices involved with OLTP and data warehouse environments.
- SQL operational management (backups, maintenance plans, new server setup) experience a bonus.
- SSAS and PowerBI experience is a bonus.
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2014)
- Microsoft SQL Server Report Services (2008-2014)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services (2008-2014)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (2008-2014)
- Visual Studio/SSDT (any versions)
Degree preferred or other computer/analytical related fields and/or 5+ years of related work experience. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Computer/analytical related fields of related work experience: 5 years (Required)
Our division Banknote Corporation of America (BCA) produces high-security documents including passport components and postage stamps with innovative designs that meet strict quality and accountability standards. Our mission is to produce high-security documents with innovative designs in accordance with strict quality and accountability standards in a totally secure environment.
Role: Database Administrator
Location: Browns Summit,
Apply for this job now.