Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Mental Health Support Worker for a school in the Wokingham borough. Children have found it difficult settling back into school after the disruption caused by lockdowns and require support integrating themselves back into their curriculum. We are offering the successful candidate the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young children with SEN. This would be working with children aged 4-11 years at a specialised school with SENs, primarily with ASC, BESD and SEMH.
The position is temporary but with the opportunity to become permanent if the school decides you would be a good fit.
Pay starts at a minimum of GBP10 per hour, with typical working hours being between 8:30am - 15:30pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Intervening when pupils' mental health requires attention
- Reporting back on behaviour to promote best practice
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A keen interest in children's mental health
- A calm and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What Teaching Personnel can offer:
- 24 years industry experience informing the process of you applying for positions to being placed in a role that's right for you
- A personal consultant if you decide to register with us who will guide you through the process, ensuring all the relevant documents are in place.
- Heavily discounted CPD programs, our own safeguarding training and an online diary to help you manage your workload
All of our candidates are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks before being placed at a school.
If you believe you fit this criteria, please get in touch with us by emailing #removed# or calling #removed#