Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
The Manufacturing Manager is a full-time salaried, overtime-exempt position. This position reports directly to the Owners and oversees day to day operations in the granite shop. The Shop Manager strives for continuous improvement with a focus on robotics and automation.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities of Manufacturing Manager:
- Communicate with department heads to ensure coordination of granite activities with the activities of other departments such as sales, installation, accounting and purchasing.
- Coordinate vehicle and forklift maintenance and maintain a maintenance log on all vehicles and forklifts. Ensure staff are forklift certified.
- Prepare assigned paperwork completely and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and organized granite facility both inside and out.
- Maintain all equipment as required.
- Coordinate all daily granite production and installation activities.
- Conduct annual performance and salary reviews for assigned personnel. Make salary recommendations.
- Manage granite personnel made up of office, field, and manufacturing labor. Apply disciplinary procedures as directed by company policy.
- Interview and assess granite personnel to hire.
- Coordinate and train granite personnel in company software system.
- Deliver granite staff and safety meetings as required.
- Review and approve all purchases for supplies.
- Monitor receiving functions for accuracy and "same day" check in policy.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by monitoring cycle counts, location changes and inventory adjustments.
- Train granite staff in the proper handling of stone to minimize breakage and damage.
- Ensure that all granite operations are conducted with safety in mind.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Manufacturing Manager:
- Five years of previous supervisory or management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to implement new processes effectively.
- Ability to implement continuous improvement with a focus on automation and robotics.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with a focus on process engineering.
Powered by JazzHR