Company: DIABETES UK
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: 26623 - 29416 - £23356 - £26298 (home-based/outside London
This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior UX Designer to work in a fast-paced team.
Reporting to the Website Product Owner, your focus will be to support the evolution of our website.
You will help deliver our ambitious website roadmap, and ensure the work we deliver is based on user insight and best practice.
You will also be central in developing our industry-leading Diabetes and Me section of the website.
This unique and varied role will see you one day testing concepts with end users, and helping project manage the resulting website developments the next.
You'll become an expert in our content management system and pride yourself in providing the best possible experience for our users.
You will also demonstrate and advocate user experience best practice across Diabetes UK.Interview Date(s):
W/C 1 March 2021We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- You will work collaboratively with our internal digital and content specialists, and with our digital development agency.
- You have the skills and knowledge to help set-up an ongoing iterative test (with end users) and learn approach.
This will be in the form of monthly design sprints within Wells Lawrence House (London) to support a test and learn approach
- You will bring with you an understanding and interest in the latest creative and digital developments.
- You will create content in collaboration with our content team and inform this work with user experience and SEO insights.
- Demonstrate digital and user experience knowledge gained in an academic/work environment
- Find solutions using creative, innovative and forward-thinking approaches
- Experience of working with digital development agencies to deliver digital projects
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working with a content management system (CMS)
- Able to travel to our London office for monthly design sprints and UX testing