We are seeking an Electrical Distribution Designer with previous experience designing electric distribution projects in overhead and underground configurations.
Our company provides Third-Party Logistics (3PL), Electrical/Low Voltage System Installations, and Construction Management services to regulated utility sector clients. We are a small business with Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise certification in California and at the Federal level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design projects approved through the LVD Planning department (as required for new business approved through the Customer Energy Management department).
- Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures, or reliability improvement projects.
- Design new business projects, including line extensions and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, and developmental).
- Design utilizing AutoCAD.
- Identify other pole attachments.
- Negotiate with customers and obtaining easements.
- Obtain the necessary permits.
- Create databases/spreadsheets to track projects.
- Create projects and orders.
- Order materials in SAP.
- Communicate work to internal departments.
- Create billing invoices.
- Obtain field notes.
- Occasionally work in remote areas with uneven terrain or with difficult access.
- 3+ years of experience in electrical distribution design.
- Knowledge of California GO95 and GO128 requirements.
- Previous experience with a California-based utility providing services in design and construction standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and AutoCAD.
- Valid California driver's license.
- Knowledge of electric utility safe work practices and willingness to work in and around underground electrical vaults (with a utility-authorized Qualified Electrical Worker).
- Physically able to access pole sites and willing to work in high vehicle traffic areas at times.
Powered by JazzHR