Body Shop Technician
Performs automotive body and related repairs, straightens bent bodies, removes dents, and replaces damaged parts that cannot be repaired.
· Inspects body damage to determine feasibility and best method of repairs. May use metal forming and cutting tools to perform repairs.
· Performs damaged sheet metal and body repairs. Removes, replaces, or repairs body parts using hand and power tools.
· Removes, installs, adjusts, and aligns body components. May repair locks, latches, and other accessory body parts. May perform glass and upholstery repairs.
· Documents all repair and maintenance actions on Work Orders, including parts and materials used, time expended, and pertinent comments. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all documentation and fleet entries prior to release of the vehicle.
· Ensures vehicle security and safety while in shop. Adheres to all Governmental rules and Shop safety practices relating to operation of shop tools, use of personal safety devices, housekeeping, and health. Follows all environmental practices regarding proper handling and disposal of all waste streams.
· Provides written estimates of repair when requested.
· Communicates and adheres to Injury Prevention (IP) standards.
· At least 2-3 years of experience in the Automotive industry
· Previous experience working with Car-O-Liner and/or Cartronics, preferred
· Auto Body and Collision Damage Repair Certificate, preferred
· ASE credentials preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Maintain a clean, safe team-oriented environment
· Self-starter and work without supervision
· Computer skills
· Must be able to use all shop tools including plasma cutting & welding equipment
· Strong analytical background
· Must have own hand and air tools to effectively complete task at hand
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
· Repair is mostly performed indoors where noise from hammers and air tools is prevalent. All PPE rules must be followed.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under David Maus Collision Center’s insurance policy
· Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
· Ability to effectively communicate with others
· Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates and work orders
· Organization and multi-tasking skills, good time management and adapts easily to a fast-paced environment
· Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
In return for your invaluable knowledge, skills, talent and ambition, David Maus Collision Center offers competitive salaries and benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. David Maus Collision Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Body Shop Technician
Apply for this job now.