YOUR strong sense of ownership & leaderships skills is sought by a dynamic Finance Administration Specialist seeking its next Product Finance Team Leader to lead and manage the team's total operational and people capabilities. You will manage a team of Product Accountants who are responsible for executing Investment Administration, Risk Management, Tax, Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting and Client Servicing. The candidate will be required to manage staff, including Performance Management, assist with daily operations issues, review staff work and ensure processes are followed and standards adhered to. You must ideally possess a BCom Accounting/Postgrad Accounting Diploma, at 3 years LISP experience with strong fund accounting knowledge in the Retirement, Life and space, CaseWare, Pastel, FinSwitch, Sars applications and strong People Management.
- Ensure that the team performs according to contracted performance areas to deliver the highest level of service to stakeholders.
- Plan, assign and monitor work of the team members.
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proactively identify and manage operational risks.
- Investigate and resolve client and internal queries efficiently and on a timely basis.
- Regularly engage, interact with and report to management and the clients.
- Liaise with internal and external Auditors.
- Ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Identify ways of promoting accuracy and maximizing productivity within the team.
- Assist with the implementation of changes to existing products and processes as well as new products.
- Maintain high levels of teamwork within the team, different departments and external parties in order to resolve client queries.
- Respond in a professional, timely and empathetic manner to both written and telephonic enquiries from internal and external clients.
- Balance own priorities while directing and motivating others.
- Management of team deliverables, training and day to day team management.
- Ongoing development of team members including training, upskilling and Performance Management.
- Ad hoc Project Management, reporting and other duties as needed by the Head of Product Finance.
- Ideally candidates will have a relevant tertiary qualification such as a BCom Accounting/Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting.
- Strong leadership experience: with at least 2 years' People Management and operational.
- Strong accounting, reconciliation, and analytical skills essential.
- Knowledge of tax laws in general for Unit Trust, Retirement, Life and LISP products.
- Knowledge of the applicable LISP and CIS legislative environment (specifically the FAIS Act, Pension Funds Act, Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, Long-Term Insurance Act).
- Minimum of 3 years LISP experience with strong fund accounting knowledge in the Retirement, Life and space will be advantageous.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- CaseWare or similar.
- Pastel or similar.
- SARS applications.
- Flexcube experience (Highly advantageous).
- Digiata, modules (highly advantageous).
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite with Advanced Excel skills essential.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail, passionate about exceptional client services, professional, with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to make quick decisions and establish priorities.
- Ability to simp