At United Skin Specialists/Zel Skin & Laser Specialists, the Clinical Research Assistant plays a critical and essential role in our ground-breaking clinical research studies. This position is primarily work with the Principle Investigator (Research Coordinator) and the study Sponsors to foresee clinical trials.
Our Clinical Research Department is one of the reasons Zel Skin & Laser Specialists has a national reputation in skin and laser care. We conduct numerous clinical trials (scientific studies of how a new medicine or treatment works) and Dr. Brian Zelickson, Zel’s medical director, is the principal investigator for all of our studies.
To apply for this position, please go to# create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
We are seeking a candidate who may be already working in the healthcare field, or medical school bound candidate who is seeking research experience prior to medical school. This position is for around 10 hours a week to help with clinical research studies.
The main responsibility is with data management by updating online databases accurately, maintaining research clinical forms, responding to data queries or Sponsor queries, other administrative research ancillary duties, helping with clinical assessments or other duties during clinical trials under the guidance of the research coordinator.
This opportunity will expose you to the following:
· IRB submissions, FDA regulations, data collections, EMR, statistical data compiling and exporting to reports as needed.
· Assisting with the coordination/scheduling of sponsor monitoring visits and audits.
· Assist with updating study documents and management of study related essential/regulatory documents.
· Distribution of investigational product and other supplies.
· Educational: Associate degree in a science or health-related field, or equivalent professional experience required
· Experience: Prior healthcare related work
· Knowledge around academic research within the medical focus
· Computer savvy, willing to learn new database software, Microsoft office
· Exceptional data entry
· Medical Terminology knowledge is essential
· OSHA requirements
· Maintain compliance of GCP, HIPAA, OSHA, IATA, Internal SOP, Protocol, state and local regulations as required.
· Maintain and safeguard the confidentiality of all patient data as well as other pertinent information acquired during the performance of their job duties.
Interested candidates are interviewed by Dr. Zelickson, the Research Coordinator and the Clinic Manager.
If your values include Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence - submit your interest!
United Skin Specialists (USS) provides practice management services to a variety of well-established dermatology practices. With roots tracing back nearly 50 years for some locations, USS's network has built a reputation for providing patient-centered dermatology services. The USS partner network provides patients with innovative medical and cosmetic dermatology care, including Mohs surgery and pathology. We are currently hiring for Zel Skin & Laser clinic.
USS's goal is to assist successful board-certified dermatologists in maintaining and expanding their dermatologic services without the stress of running individual practices. This commitment to practice management allows for the creation of a patient-oriented work environment for both providers and support staff.
Role: Clinical Research Assistant
Apply for this job now.