School Social Worker
Menta Academy Oak Park
44 Madison, Oak Park, IL 60302?
About our School:
There are 2 components to Menta Academy Oak Park (therapeutic day school services)
- The Pre-Transition Program is dedicated to providing a safe platform for young adults, ages 17-22. Working on a continuum of services, it is the goal of the pre-transition program to prepare young adults for their next transition.
- The Grades 9-12 Academy is a public-private partnership with Oak-Park River Forest SD that has a mission to provide each student with a high quality education using state of the art instructional techniques that promote life-long sustainable outcomes.
As a School Social Worker our Menta Academy Oak Park, you will:
- Provide direct educational and social services to students, as well as work with parents, educators, and other professionals to create supportive academic and social environments for all students.
- Employ data-based decision-making regarding multidisciplinary collaboration, functional behavior assessments and behavioral approaches.
- Build leadership to effectively help students succeed.
- Develop positive behavioral and academic interventions
- Monitor student progress and evaluations, program evaluations, and consult with educational staff, parents, and other professionals.
- One of the following Licenses/Certifications:
- Certified School Social Worker (IL PEL Certificate)
- Certified School Psychologist (IL PEL Certificate)
- IL LSW or LCSW
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong consultative and data analysis abilities
- Creative thinker who can develop a wide range of interventions meeting the needs of a diverse student population
- Excellent communicator
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is competitive for the area and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Access to affordable medical, dental, vision plans
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off
How to Apply:
Submit your application for Job ID 1110 to #removed#/careers/apply
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
F: (630) 907-0197
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
The Menta Group, Special Education Services (Est. 1973) is a network of private and some public-private partnership therapeutic day schools, meeting the social-emotional needs of students PK-Age 22. Programming from location to location varies in special education focus and grade level.
Our accredited therapeutic day schools are in Illinois and Arizona and we are growing!
Role: School Social Worker
Location: Oak Park,
Apply for this job now.