I. Position: Dental Assistant
II. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM- 5:30 PM -Lunch Hour 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
III. Reports To: Clinic Manager
IV. Position Responsibilities:
1. Provides chair side assistance to students and residents as part of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program to ensure excellent customer service.
2. Takes digital x-rays to ensure correct diagnosis.
3. Maintains equipment and inventory of dental supplies to ensure availability of instruments for students, residents, and faculty to ensure effective operation.
4. Plans the set-up of the operatories and instruments according to the scheduled procedures to maximize operations.
5. Maintains operatories according to proper infection control protocols to ensure adherence to OSHA and infection control regulations.
6. Assists with sterilization and dispensing to ensure efficient operations.
7. Assists with nitrous oxide-oxygen monitoring.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions
1. Knowledge of four-handed dentistry.
2. Knowledge of x-ray techniques.
3. Knowledge of infection control and OSHA protocols.
4. Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
7. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
8. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
Physical requirements / working conditions:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. Exposed to dental materials or chemicals used in dental operatories or laboratories including, but not limited to latex, acrylic, etc.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of dental equipment/supplies to include but not limited to sharp instruments, syringes, pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Radiology certificate.
3. Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen certificate.
1. Computer skills (knowledge on Eaglesoft)
2. 2 year experience in a dental office, dental school, dental hygiene school, or dental assisting school.
VI. Salary Range
$13.00- $18.00 / Hour
Community Smiles is a community-based, fully-accredited, nonprofit dental clinic whose mission is providing oral health education and improving access to dental care for the uninsured, low-income children and families of Miami-Dade County. Community Smiles has been delivering oral health care to the underserved since 1946 and we âre now the largest community-based dental clinic in the state of Florida - $14.6 million in subsidized care and over 15,000 patients served in 2017. Originally the Dade County Dental Research Clinic, Community Smiles began as a program of the Dade County Public School System, with the mission to provide quality dental care and oral health education to the underserved, while providing post-graduate dental education and training for dental assisting students. Over the past 70+ years the clinic has evolved into a beacon for accessible care to recent immigrants, the homeless, at-risk youth, and other compromised populations. Due to our caring volunteers, multi-lingual staff, and inviting atmosphere, Community Smiles has maintained its niche as the safety-net oral healthcare provider in Miami-Dade County.
Role: Dental Assistant
Apply for this job now.