SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN Manager of Emergency Services
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. Lucie Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Manager of the Emergency Department manages the operations and activities of the ED Department. Assist Director of ED with the overall management of the departments operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives established. Responsible for the staff performance and the accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accord with corporate, hospital, department, and safety policies and procedures to meet both company care and regulatory requirements. Responsible for providing high-quality patient care to and acting as a liaison with patients and their representative, physicians, employees, and community agencies. Responsible for the efficient operation of the departments and optimum use of resources to maximize productivity and minimize cost. The manager assists the department director as a leader in planning, directing and managing the department and staff to assure quality service. The manager assists the department director in meeting The Joint Commission Standards, complying with corporate policy and procedures, promoting teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and appropriate resource management.
- Current FL RN Licensure or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS, ACLS, PALS Healthcare Provider preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- 1 – 3 years RN experience in an acute care Emergency Department setting is preferred
- Supervisory experience helpful
- Excellent computer skills
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-#removed# option 1.