Looking for a hard-working person who would like to get in to a long-standing, family owned company and start a career. This entry level position will get you started in the Commercial Truck Business with one of the most successful branches in the nation selling the products of the number 1 brand: Freightliner! Experience/knowledge in truck/automotive parts a plus. Great benefits and room to grow.
SUMMARY: The Parts Warehouse position assists employees/customers with the stocking and pulling of parts and delivery to customers.
- Provides exceptional customer service to customers, which includes greeting and thanking the customer for their business.
- Handle parts pulling/delivery requests of management/counter sales personnel as directed.
- Use computer or other company resources to research part details and prices.
- Fill orders from stock as well as procure parts necessary to fill customer needs.
- Assist in keeping Parts area clean, orderly and stocked
- Supply service technicians with parts using proper procedures
- Use telephone to assist customers placing phone-in orders
- Deliver parts to customers in a safe and timely fashion.
- Report to work as scheduled, on-time and prepared to start work
- Comply with all company policies as detailed in the Company Handbook
- Work in safe manner at all times and report any accidents/injuries/workplace hazards to your supervisor immediately
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
High School diploma and/or 2 year degree from an accredited institution. Two years experience performing similar job functions. A combination of varying education/experience may be considered to meet this qualification.
Skills and Knowledge:
Active listening skills to assess customer needs, effective speaking/writing skills to convey information, reading comprehension skills. Knowledge and use of the English language to effectively communicate with customers. Knowledge and/or experience with truck parts components. Ability to operate a computer using the Company’s software to manage the ordering and invoicing process. Multi-tasking skills are imperative. Bilingual Spanish highly preferred.
Position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, use hands/fingers to operate a keyboard and ten-key. Position also requires the ability to walk, stand and lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds required.
The working environment is generally moderate with regards to noise level. At times, position would be required to walk to warehouse and shop areas where the noise level is moderate to high.
Medium and Heavy Duty Truck Dealer Serving the Transportation Needs of California Since 1930. California Truck Centers represents the brands Freightliner, Western Star, Isuzu, and Sprinter. We carry a large variety of all makes in both new and used commercial, heavy, medium duty, severe duty, conventional, day cab, cab & chassis trucks and others for sale. Please browse our online inventory or contact us. We look forward to serving you at one of our five full-service dealerships in Fresno, Bakersfield, French Camp, Sacramento or Oakland, CA. We deliver a higher standard of value with more than 400 employees.
California Truck Centers is dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality customer service possible. We strive to meet our customer's needs and exceed their expectations. We are committed to work as a team to ensure each and every customer is completely satisfied with their experience. Being a family run business we treat our customers as family. It is our belief that when a customer does business with us, they become family and we stand behind them, support them, and work with them in this ever changing industry.
Role: Parts Warehouse Associate
Apply for this job now.