Senior PHP Developer (permanent) £35,000-£60,000 per annum - Bristol, UK
Key role for an experienced PHP web developer ready to work with a small team of programmers in a relaxed environment whilst working directly with the key decision makers to create the leading learning platform for the UK.
As senior PHP programmer you will be working on a range of projects and so the successful candidate will enjoy a challenging, varied and rewarding range of tasks.
The key responsibilities of a Senior PHP Developer include:
- Key product development of ZigZag's industry leading eRevision Platform.
- Write logical, well-commented code.
- Creating robust bespoke systems to increase efficiency in the business.
- Creating intuitive and fast user interfaces - for both internal staff and external customers.
- Balancing the feedback of users with managerial requirements, managing workload to ensure an appropriate balance between time, quality and budget, alongside involvement in training or supporting junior programmer(s).
ZigZag Education is a creative publisher of teaching resources actively working with thousands of teachers, examiners and educational specialists to produce resources that support the new UK specifications. We specifically aim for the highest standards of excellence and offer an informal and relaxed but focussed working environment with an opportunity to increase working from home over time. The company has a dedicated socials team, offers flexitime (core hours 10-4), biscuits/fruit; cycle to work scheme; and has an impressive 92% retention rate, plus 6 monthly salary reviews
eRevision with its unique 3-try system and other unique educational leading pedagogy is proving popular and is already used in more than 1000 schools. A recent successful government grant will see an acceleration of some exciting new ideas for eRevision
The key skills and qualities of the Senior PHP Developer:
- Very capable graduate with a Computing/Programming-related degree or equivalent.
- 3-10 years' directly relevant industry programming experience since graduation including applying modern PHP ("OOP" or "PHP 7") in a medium/large project.
- Experience working with Git/GitLab, an MVC framework such as CodeIgniter, the bootstrap framework, significant experience with MySQL, experience of React.
- Strong communication skills and a good level of English Language.
- Desirable attributes include: experience of leading a team with decision making and reporting to senior management, and experience of training other programmers, peer reviewing and writing briefs.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more