Company: VENSURE EMPLOYER SERVICES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Position Summary: The Senior HRBP is responsible for the delivery of customized service solutions that positively impact our client's businesses that results in client retention and growth. Proactively consult and regularly follow-up with clients to develop, implement and monitor human resource related deliverables. Identify legal requirements affecting human resource functions and ensure client's policies, procedures and actions are in compliance.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, appointed contacts and on-site supervisors, provide sound guidance and value-added solutions that contribute to client's success and growth of their business which results in high customer satisfaction and retention
- Interact with clients to gain knowledge of their business model and drivers, HR practices, goals and objectives
- Work proactively with clients to provide information and best practices
- Provide customized solutions in accordance with the client's internal standards and HR best practices,
- Prompt issue resolution, timely follow-up and proactive recommendations that enhance communication, productivity, organizational culture and work practices and mitigate risk.
- Provide clients with assistance with handbooks, job descriptions, performance evaluation systems, compensation plans, hiring/onboarding processes, succession planning
- Identify legal and regulatory compliance concerns related to Human Resources and partner with clients to conduct employee coaching, counseling, reductions in force, termination analysis, separation agreements and act as point of communication between affected employee and client if needed
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Recommend training to improve business operations and minimize liability
- Conduct exit interviews as requested by clients
- Properly and timely document all client related interactions in the HRIS
- Provide mentoring to HRBPs
- Build, maintain and promote relationships with colleagues, ensuring effective communication and services that impact clients
- Attend webinars, seminars and other trainings to stay-up-to-date on laws and best practices
- Possess current understanding of federal, state and local employment laws. Understanding of multi-state employment laws preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including, employee relations, organizational diagnosis, performance management, recruitment, compensation and benefits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness at all levels in the organization and across cultures. Bilingual capabilities (English/Spanish) are preferred
- Demonstrated success in building credible relationships and partnering with business leaders
- Ability to apply change management initiatives to assist in business transformation
- Must use logic and reasoning to make immediate decisions under pressure or tight deadlines.
- Ability to make proper judgment calls when presented by a situation/problem
- Strong sense of business ethics including the ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and attend to daily HR matters while maintaining focus and follow through on issues until resolved and delivering results as committed
Education and Experience:
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of five years of related Human Resources experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Human Resources best practices with emphasis on employee relations as well as related federal, state and local laws and regulations required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn other applications as needed