Principal Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
£59,287- £66,088 plus benefits (Full time- permanent)
I am currently looking for a Principal Psychologist (Clinical or Counselling) to join an organisation which operates in a person led basis and pioneering approach to treating substance misuse.
This an exciting opportunity to join an amazing charity.
Applicants will have:
- A PHD in Clinical or Counselling Psychology and be HCPC registered
- Post graduate experience working with substance misuse
- Experience working with/ training and/or supervision of assistant psychologists
- Post-Doctoral experience of specialist psychological assessment and intervention with children, adolescents, families, and adults.
Duties will include:
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision within the sphere of their professional expertise.
- To facilitate the development of a positive and supportive team culture.
- To ensure that a high quality, timely, accessible evidence-based/evidence informed service is available for people who access our service.
- To provide specialist consultation, training and clinical supervision to other qualified psychologists and trainees psychologists, counsellors and counsellors-in-training, multidisciplinary professionals, and non-clinical colleagues for their provision of psychologically based interventions.
- To promote and take part in multidisciplinary assessments that are comprehensive and reflect an understanding of the impact of adverse experiences on a person's mental health and overall well-being.
- To provide highly specialist, evidence-based and evidence-informed interventions with due regard to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- To utilise theory, literature, and research to support evidence-based and evidence informed practice within the service.
- To contribute to the evaluation of psychological services within specialities.
- To utilise theory, evidence-based literature, and research to support evidence-based practice in individual work and that of other team members.
- To aim to use specialist knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods to initiate and support all research and audit activities that will evaluate and promote the development of programmes across the charity.
What you will get:
- 25 days leave rising to 30 with continuous service
- Flexible working
- Online wellbeing resources
- Wellbeing hour
- Regular supervision
- Employee mentoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Leadership development programme
- Research opportunities
- Personalised learning and development
To be considered for this role please send over your CV using the link or get in touch with Natalie Boaler on #removed#.