Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey
*OTR and REGIONAL DRIVERS: Get off the road and into a HOME EVERY DAY, HOURLY, STABLE work environment!*
**No experience necessary**
Average annual salary: $43,000 - $63,000/year
Get Fresh Produce is a full-service, wholesale fresh produce distributor located in Bartlett, IL. Top product and friendly service to our customers are our top priorities. Due to continued growth, we are accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire positions in a safe and stable work environment.
Work for a GROWING family-owned produce and restaurant supply company in Bartlett, IL as a Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey. Upon permanent hire you will enjoy full benefits including health insurance, 401K with match, paid vacations, and paid Holidays.
Typical schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey:
- Monday-Saturday; 5-day work week; Sunday Off and another day off during the week
- Start times 6am and 10am
- Typical work schedule is 6am; work 8-12 hours per day, until work is done
- Approximately 45-50 hours per week; OT after 40 hours
- Schedule may vary - must be flexible with work availability
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey:
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive CDL box trucks, tractors, and trailers between drop lots
- When shuttling CDLB box trucks must walk back to original lot (approx 6 blocks). You will walk between the two lots several times in a shift.
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Fuel trucks and maintain fuel logs
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey:
- Must be able to work Sun night through Fri night, 8-10 hours per shift. Overtime work as requested.
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses. LOTS OF WALKING!
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and physical
- Be able to lift, push, pull 65 pounds with no assistance
- Must be able to get in and out of trucks several times per day
- Experience with yard-jockey/spotter truck required
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects
.• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Salary for Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter/Yard Jockey:
Starting salary for this position is $16.50/hour and up to $18.00/hour with industry experience; scheduled pay increases with progression to $24.00/hour; enrollment in Union after 30 days; OT after 40 hours per week; typical candidate will get 10-12 hours of overtime per week. Typical work week is 45-55 hours per week. Average annual salary $43,000 - $63,000/year. Career opportunities available.
Full benefits after 60-day probationary period: medical, dental, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- Eligible for benefits 1st of the month following 60 days
- This includes medical, dental, voluntary life, and vision
- 401K after 1 year
- Paid holidays after probationary / orientation period
Reply with copy of your resume or apply in-person:
Get Fresh Produce
1441 Brewster Creek Blvd
Bartlett, IL 60103
Get Fresh Produce Inc. started out in 1982 as a retail produce store in Chicago, specializing in premium fresh fruit, vegetables and dairy.
Today, we are still a privately held company owned by Gino Alimondi. We are staffed by an amazing crew of sales, customer service, procurement and operations pros. Each Get Fresh Team Member brings loads of industry related experience and complimentary skills to the table-pun definitely intended.
Role: Local Truck Driver CDLA Day Spotter
Apply for this job now.