Marks Sattin are delighted to be working in partnership with this true market leader to help with the search of a new Project Accountant for an international manufacturing business. This role has arisen due to an internal restructure and will initially be a 3-4 month contract.
This role incorporates a true blend of technical & commercial skills. You will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of management information for presentation to the Leadership team, along with the quarterly rolling forecast. It is important that you are able to support the Finance Director and have the personal credibility to present to the Senior Leadership team including Operations.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for driving efficiencies and change that enables the business to take corrective actions to continuously improve performance.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations to support core business projects
- Understanding system change requirements & financial implications of key projects
- Providing regular BAU reports of operational and financial performance
- Constructively challenging to the Head of Operations and their staff
- Proactively providing financial, systems & analytical support to operational teams
- Contributing to the budget process ensuring continual development of accuracy & efficiency
- Identifying ways the department can improve their effectiveness and efficiency
- Project manage operational projects designed to improve cost and efficiency
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership ability and an excellent track record of success within a project/commercial finance type role in a manufacturing/FMCG industry. Ideally the candidate will have a good degree of creativity and be able to bring suggestions to the table on commercial value add, revenue generating/saving ideas & new product costing and development.