The System Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and analyzing technical products and systems; performing engineering design evaluation; recommending alterations of application and systems development and design to improve quality of systems and/or procedures. Included is the development and maintenance of our technical documents. Systems Engineer are also part of the day to day operations, maintenance, and support, handing escalated tickets, reviewing system event log and remediating critical errors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Designs, develops, implements, and analyzes technical products and systems.
2. Performs engineering design evaluations.
3. Assist in and recommends alternations to development and design plans to improve quality and efficiency of systems.
4. Resolves software related problems and all technical issues involving Kinecta’s servers and systems.
5. Identifies and recommends emerging technology trends and develops alternatives with respect to hardware and software architecture; conducts capacity planning studies of server hardware and software, analyzes data and develops hardware/software capacity requirements, alternatives and recommendations.
6. Evaluates, updates, maintains and applies patches for all servers; works in conjunction with Data Security to maintain security on all servers; implements server requirements for new applications.
7. Review and Deploys new systems and applications test, Stage, and production environments maintaining constancy through each environment assuring they meet Kinecta guidelines, protect/maintain production availability, and documents changes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of operating systems and practices of WINDOWS, domains, trusts, policies, Active Directory Scheme, and File/Print services.
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of supporting Windows services such as WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD replication, certificates, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge in networking principles, Windows 2008 thru 2016 servers, workstations and peripherals, interface cards, tape back-up units.
- Knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, Internet, Intranet and remote access systems, and load balancers.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to deal effectively with vendors, suppliers and staff in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to provide advice on the acquisition, design and implementation of servers and related equipment.
- Ability to maintain organized and detailed records.
- Ability to present technical information orally and in writing in a non-technical way for employees, and decision makers.
- Ability to analyze and present recommendations to management on vendors and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with those contacted during work, both inside and outside of the organization.
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following suggested requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, closely related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of related professional information technology experience in a system Admin or equivalent role, preferably in a financial setting in a system
Experience as outlined may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Kinecta Federal Credit Union is one of the nation's leading Credit Unions, with more than $4 billion in assets and serving over 285,000 member-owners across the country.
From the beginning, we have helped our members fulfill their dreams. In 1940, Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union was an idea born from a simple inconvenience: employees of the Hughes Aircraft Company were spending too much lunchtime driving downtown to handle their finances. So why not start a credit union, right there at the plant?
“I went to Mr. Hughes’ office in Hollywood and talked to his secretary Nadine. I gave her all the facts and Mr. Hughes said, ‘Sure. Start the Credit Union. Just keep my name clean. I don't want anything funny going on.’ I said, you can be sure of that. And Hughes Credit Union was born.”
- Lou Merandi, Credit Union Founder & Hughes Aircraft Chief Tool Designer, 1937-1981
In October 1940 a United States government charter was issued to establish the Credit Union. Each of the 12 founders deposited $5 to make the Credit Union's total assets $60. Membership cost 25 cents and the maximum loan amount was $200. We launched our name change to Kinecta Federal Credit Union in July 2001, after serving our members proudly as Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union for more than 60 years.
As we continue to expand our position as a leader in the financial services industry our Kinecta name and logo represent our continued commitment to delivering unequalled value to the members-owners of Kinecta Federal Credit Union. Our promise: Every aspect of our organization, from our employees, to our communications, to our products and services, sets standards of excellence by remembering that our business is serving our members. And we’re committed to doing that better than anybody.
Role: Infrastructure Systems Engineer I (Limited Term)
Location: Manhattan Beach,
Apply for this job now.