The Dispatcher coordinates delivery orders and available resources, focusing on accurate and efficient delivery. They use their ability to organize and communicate to monitor fleet resources.
• Coordinate daily deliveries by using proprietary software to match orders with available fleet resources in order to ensure the fastest, most cost-effective route and best use of resources.
• Update the database to reflect fleet resources are active or inactive due to maintenance.
• Keep database updated with available drivers, loaders and pullers.
• Maintain central database of metrics and report monthly progress
• Monitor ticket documentation to ensure that order are delivered on schedule.
• Track down missing orders and provide quick answers and solutions to customers and supervisors.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
• Schedule the maximum possible amount of Deliveries at all times.
• Coordinate milling, building loads, and trucking to accommodate the shipping schedule at all times.
• Ensure all deliveries have proper paperwork before any truck leaves the yard.
• Handle all customer complaints/concerns same day as received.
• Ensure all voided paperwork, cash refunds, credit memos, special orders lacking deposits, "0" sell tickets, memo only tickets, re-printed items etc. are approved by appropriate store management before the transactions are completed.
• Listen to and answer all sales personnel inquiries pertaining to delivery times.
• Work with shipper in maximizing delivery capability and help in keeping yard costs to a minimum at all times.
• Minimum education required: High school diploma or GED.
• Special skills required: Excellent verbal and written skills, demonstrated time management and organizational skills, interpersonal communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate with various levels of store personnel.
• Other: Computer literate, excellent mathematical ability.
Role: Lead Dispatcher
Apply for this job now.