Sr. Purchasing Agent
▪ Position: FT Sr. Purchasing Agent
▪ Job Group: Purchasing Dept.
▪ Location: Jamaica, NY - NEW YORK
▪ Compensation: Contingent upon Experience - Full-Time Salary
Purchasing Manager works with the Sales & Engineering departments in the pre-production process of the business’ operations. Additionally, the role requires collaboration with the Billing department to ensure material purchase orders are managed properly and processed on time. This collaboration also extends to the accounts payable process that helps determine, which payments need to be made to which vendors.
This position involves overseeing and controlling all logistical activity to ensure purchasing processes are being run in accordance with company expectations/policies. Its primary objective is to ensure all materials needed for production are properly procured. Purchasing Manager must be able to safely perform the essential job functions without obvious risk of injury to the employee or co-workers.
· Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
· Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
· Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
· Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
· Assess, manage and mitigate risks
· Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
· Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
· Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
· Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
· Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
· A knack for negotiation and networking
· Working experience of vendor management software (Quickbooks)
· Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
· Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
· Strong leadership capabilities
· Multilingual ability preferred
· BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration preferred
United Cabs, Inc. is the New York's leader in elevator interiors and custom cab fabrication. We design, manufacture and install high-quality, sophisticated, cost effective custom elevator interiors. Offering an array of products and services, such as Custom elevator panels, ceilings, handrails, floors, doors, replacement parts.
Role: Sr. Purchasing Agent
Apply for this job now.