We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Senior Power Distribution Planner 3 in the Pomona area. This individual will be responsible for providing design and technical skills to a team of engineers, designers, and planners to participate in a variety of power utility oriented projects
- Participate in development of, DSP, Rule 20, conductor replacement, structure replacements, and other major Overhead and Underground projects.
- Review project requirements to determine necessary resources, time lines and budgets to ensure technical and safety expectations are realized to meet both, customer and internal specifications.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications to customer requirements.
- Prepare construction plans, material requirements, and cost estimates for electrical distribution overhead and underground projects.
- Ability to work multiple projects at the same time and meet all requirements. Communicate and resolve any design issues with customers.
- Comply with all safety requirements- reinforce all internal and external safety practices and policies. (e.g., OSHA, NEC, PPE, etc.).
- Meet with clients to gather technical requirements.
- Prepare manual redline drawings when required.
- Prepare electronic drawings using computer aided drafting systems when required.
- Fill out Wind Loading / Pole Loading forms.
- Coordinate access to professional/private facilities (e.g., schools, hospitals, military bases, etc.) when applicable.
- Perform field site meets; meet with developers, customers, local agencies.
- Understanding of local, county, state permit requirements (e.g., Traffic Control, encroachment, Right Of Way, easement, etc.).
- Field check design layouts.
- Office check designs and redline changes.
- Recognize process waste and suggest changes.
- 5 years of power transmission and or power distribution experience.
- Broad knowledge of Power Delivery Projects both Overhead and Underground.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Distribution Design Standards, Power Overhead and Underground Construction Standards, Power Electrical Service Requirements, California PUC General Order 95, General Order 128, and Joint Pole Handbook.
- Familiarity with maintenance and operation of electrical overhead (OH) and underground (UG) electrical distribution facilities, energized at voltages between 0 - 50KV.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Autodesk AutoCAD, and pole structural analysis software
- Experience working with Pole / Structure Loading software.
- Professional Engineering License or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Proficient in O-Calc, PLS-CADD, DM, AUD, DPSS, GIS, FIM, or Spida-Calc software
- In-depth knowledge of Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric, or Pacific Gas & Electric system design and construction requirements.
- Current or prior approval to access SDG&E or SCE computer systems.
(Electrical power distribution, autocad, power distribution design, construction experience)
Role: Electrical Senior Power Distribution Planner 3
Apply for this job now.