Title: Tier 2 Support (Support Specialist)
Clearance: Background Check, Drug Test and Tuberculosis Test Required
Location: 14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel MD 20707
Duration: The period of performance of this task order shall be for twenty-four (24) months, and may be extended, upon mutual agreement, with two (2) one-year options.
Our Client’s IT Department provides centralized information technology services to approximately twenty (20) departments consisting of approximately 1,700 end users. The Service Desk will be a 24/7 helpdesk and currently consists of a call center and field technicians and provides a single point of contact for approximately 1,300 desktops; 800 laptops; 200 iPads; 500 printers; 20 scanners; 10 multifunction units; and 1,000 Avaya telephones. Client provides an Avaya Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) system for the Service Desk Call Center and ServiceNow for incident management ticketing.
Client is migrating from BMC Remedy Service Desk software to a ServiceNow IT Service Management tool for recording and tracking all IT trouble ticket requests, calls, and incidents. Additionally, Client uses Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is used for desktop and inventory management.
During the 2017 calendar year there were approximately 150 moves (i.e., desktops, printers) 1,947 calls received per month, and 250 password resets performed on average each month. There are approximately 20 staffed Client facilities which include wastewater treatment plants and remote sites.
Education: An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with one (1) year experience or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. Industry certifications are preferred as well.
Required Experience: Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems software, familiarity with help desk environments, and office automation applications. Working knowledge of the following: hardware and desktop software, system and network recovery methods, software tools, call and problem tracking software. Shall also possess strong verbal communication, technical writing, and customer service skills.
Preferred Certifications and Qualifications:
- SCCM certification or equivalent experience
- ITILv3 certification or willingness to obtain it within 3 months after commencing employment
- ServiceNow or BMC Remedy experience
- Minimum A+ Certification
- Experience with virus & malware remediation
- Certified or Trained in with Microsoft, Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, HDI, ITILv3
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle
The Contractor will support to Tier 2 Service Desk and Field Site Support to provide:
- Incident and Problem Management support
- Imaging Desktop support using SCCM imaging processes
- Support configuration management/service desk software (i.e. SCCM/ServiceNow preferred) to support development, testing and distribution of software, configuration and reporting
- Support Asset Inventory (ServiceNow Asset Management preferred) to perform physical inventory of all Client IT assets
- Troubleshoot, maintain and configure HP, Lenovo & Dell hardware including computers, printers, scanners and multifunction devices
- Perform IT scripting to develop small scripts for use with group policy changes
- Perform IMACs
- Maintain Service Levels in accordance with Client Service Level Agreement
- Perform other related duties as assigned
TechOpps Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on our Company, please visit our website at #removed#
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Role: Tier 2 Support (Support Specialist)
Apply for this job now.