Salary: Dependent on experience
About the Company:
L3Harris is redefining the way the world works at sea with industry leading autonomous boat technology. The company specialises in the design, manufacturing and operation of autonomous boats and control systems.
As the maritime industry's autonomy partner of choice, L3Harris is powering the Royal Navy's adoption of autonomous surface vehicle (ASV) technology as well as delivering autonomous capability to UK ports and harbours and offshore energy service providers. L3Harris has delivered more than 100 ASV systems.
L3Harris' success is due to the people it employs; if you're smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then L3Harris is for you.
L3Harris takes pride in the quality of its products and encourages employees to take ownership and personal responsibility. L3Harris' goal is to provide an accessible work environment that empowers its teams to tackle complex problems. L3Harris values the best ideas, whether from an intern or a lead, and every individual can have a significant impact on the company's success.
About the QHSE Manager Role:
We are looking for a QHSE Manager to join our team in Portchester. Our business is growing at a rapid pace and within an exciting area of engineering & technology.
We are looking for an individual with a practical hands-on approach, you will be working with senior management and staff to ensure all quality and HSE requirements are met.
To exceed in this role, you will need to have exceptional communication skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt within a very fast-paced environment. Often adverts mention the requirement for being a team player, for our business this really is extremely important, we are a strong team with a supportive culture. We are looking for someone who can work well across multiple disciplines and with the drive to enable the business and the teams to succeed.
This role will include working with internal and external stakeholders, it encompasses QHSE across both the business operation and quality process requirements within the product.
QHSE Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain L3 Harris ASV ISO: 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) including, manage and conduct the internal audit programme, identify and implement improvement measures across the Company.
- Manage and maintain L3 Harris ASV ISO: 45001 Health and Safety accreditation including: Investigating accidents and near misses where applicable disseminating 'lessons learnt' to internal stake holders.
- Implement, manage and maintain L3 Harris ASV ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System, including manage and conduct the internal audit programme, identify and implement improvement measures across the Company.
- Manage and oversee L3 Harris ASV internal Business Management System (BMS). Drive improvements and development of both the QMS and BMS throughout the company to ensure that they conform to planned expectations and are effectively implemented and maintained.
- Undertake external audits of suppliers, and ensure quality across the supply chain.
- Manage L3 Harris ASV Quality, Test and Inspection process in the development of all autonomous vehicles. Work with Heads of Department to drive improvements and enhancements to the delivery process. Identify and follow up all non-conformities and act on processes to continually improve L3 Harris ASV BMS/QMS.
- Assist with vessel commissioning (Factory, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Tests) for internal projects and customer acce