This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm; flexibility is a plus. Pay rate is $15.00 per hour. Benefits based on eligibility.
Janitorial Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day duties of all janitors while performing routine cleaning of offices and public areas and maintenance of title and carpeted floors in buildings; solves minor cleaning problems. Supervisor will assist in assigning work schedules and in coordinating special cleaning jobs with management.
- Cleans, sweeps, dust mops, stairways, corridors to ensure cleanliness of buildings
- Washes window, inside and out
- Event Set-ups
- Determines type of chemical and equipment necessary for specific cleaning tasks.
- Performs routine maintenance of housekeeping equipment
- Identifies cleaning problems and determines appropriate remedies.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Makes rounds to check for crew coverage of designated work areas, assigns needed coverage, gives special cleaning instruction and/or assignments, and ascertains compliance with directives.
- Payroll/time card verification.
- Quality Inspection walks with clients.
- Supply ordering
- Perform safety training
- Quotes customer for extra projects
Responsibilities include assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and recommending solutions; reporting any disciplinary concerns to the district manager.
- 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience with strong emphasis on customer service
- Demonstrates strong skills in: Communication, Decision-making, Leadership, and Problem-solving
- Familiar with methods using in cleaning of buildings, tools and equipment
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to train and supervise a large group of employees
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, high volume environment
- Impeccable multitasking and time management skills
- Demonstrates professional and political aptitude and detailed oriented
- Strong computer proficiency skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must be a team player and committed to working in a quality environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Must pass E-VERIFY background check
- Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to normal weather conditions for the area. While performing the duties of this job, may be working around semi-trucks and trailers, dumpsters, and vans. This may include construction areas and the hazards associated with such. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing Protection not required, but may be worn for comfort.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills require of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
ISS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce.
ISS Facility Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse workplace.
Role: Janitorial Supervisor
Apply for this job now.