Area of Accountability:
Engineering support for KI and KI’s supplier base to ensure execution of necessary processes to assist in management of new projects, development of strong relationships, driving manufacturing techniques, auditing quality systems, and providing guidance in the correction of quality issues.
Monitor and coordinate supplier’s samples to ensure on time delivery of customer submissions related to accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with supplier base on new projects, providing guidance on debugging quality problems, quality systems, and quality system audits.
- Leads 8D Corrective Actions (CARs) until required corrections are implemented and permanent resolution is validated.
- Schedules tracking and follows-up on open items / issues through the use of the Daily Supplier Message communications and / or the Open Item Action Decks until resolution is achieved.
- Assists in the development and approves supplier PPAP and supporting documentation to KI Industries from assigned suppliers.
- Monitors supplier quality plans and maintains supplier history to ensure requirements are strictly met.
- Provides PPAP to customers, including complete layouts, capability studies and any special requirements requested by the customer. Coordinates dimensional measurements with Metrology lab for PPAP submissions.
- Develops and implements KI Inspection Instructions / Inspection Data Sheets based on Process Control Plans, KI established requirements, and customer critical / major characteristics.
- Utilizes statistical techniques to assist suppliers in the development and execution of process control systems.
- Assists metrology in the development and identification of inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Maintains and assures accuracy of KI PPAP files including supplier submitted documentation, PPAP submittals to customers, customer approved Master Samples, and Visual Acceptance Standards.
- Monitors and analyzes key supplier metrics, develops and assists in the implementation of continuous improvement projects / programs for suppliers.
- May be involved with quality audits for potential new suppliers.
- Performs special testing, as may be required.
- Interfaces with other departments on product and process development activities.
- Works with Safe Launch area to ensure all production re-work instructions and re-work are prepared and performed correctly to meet delivery requirements.
- Performs Internal Audits and provides timely follow-up as per procedure on nonconformances encountered, as needed.
- Understands, practices, and teaches the KI Industries Quality Policy.
- Provide leadership on all quality processes.
- When Quality Manager is unavailable, temporarily manages all quality processes.
- Bachelor’s degree within related engineering discipline desirable, but may be substituted with related quality and production work experience.
- Three to five years’ experience working with manufacturing companies preferred. Experience with plastic injection molding and secondary operations such as transfer printing, painting and laser etching, and electroplated plastic products highly desirable.
- Able to conduct quality surveys, which requires reviewing documents and systems, and interviewing personnel including management.
- Working knowledge and leadership of Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001:2008 or ISO/TS16949. Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) skill set preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the KI, KI customers and KI supplier organizations.
- Must have ability to prioritize, be organized, and have excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to travel. Travel to assigned suppliers and customer. Frequency will be determined by the priority level of projects / issues / problems which need to be covered / resolved.
KI SPECIALIZES IN WORKING WITH OEM’S TO DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE DECORATIVE PLASTIC AND DIE CAST COMPONENTS FOR APPLIANCE, AUTOMOTIVE AND CONSUMER PRODUCTS
Role: Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.