Could you bring compassion, empathy and sensitivity to support young people in care? Due to an expansion in service, new opportunities are available in a children's home in Milton Keynes.
You will be joining a supportive, reliable and settled staff team which is managed by an extremely experienced home manager. The organisation provides great training opportunities for team members at all levels from induction and throughout your career.
You will be supporting children and young people in a home environment to promote their physical and emotional well-being, encourage self-respect and respect for others, be involved in meal times, keeping the house clean and tidy, organise and take part in activities and motivate efforts to help the young people attain their goals.
Due to the complex and traumatised backgrounds of these children, you will need to be resilient and able to deal with associated challenging behaviours. Your patient approach of being able to see potential and recovery will be tested. Successful applicants will have a natural, positive attitude to be able to cope with challenging behaviours and see the rewards of turning around the lives of vulnerable young people.
Your role as a Residential Support Worker will involve:
- Working on average 3 long days and two sleep in shifts per week, which will include weekend and bank holiday days on a rota basis.
- Promoting the children's physical and emotional well-being.
- Encouraging and joining in with the children in going out and taking part in a wide range of activities.
- Dealing with challenging behaviour in a firm but fair way - acting as a surrogate parent to promote positive behaviour.
- Empathising, listening and guiding.
You will be joining an organisation who's support for you will include:
- A ten day comprehensive training and induction to children's therapeutic care and the home.
- Support & funding to attain Diplomas in residential childcare and management.
- Lots of career progression opportunities from Senior Support Worker through to Home Manager.
Essential candidate requirements:
- Flexibility to work 15 hour shifts and sleep ins on a rota basis.
- Full driving licence
- Energetic, resilient and enjoys working in a small, close knit team to promote positive outcomes.
- Genuinely seeking a succesful career in children's residential care